Your shopping cart is dirty and you wonder if you can wash it. Unfortunately, you don’t know how to proceed, so we will give you some advice. In this article, you will discover how to perfectly clean your shopping trolley.
Reminder about shopping trolleys
First of all, we will quickly go over the principle of the trolley bag. Which can be used both in the market place and in the supermarket. However, although many models exist, each has its own specificity. In particular, there are a number of sizes, which allow a greater or lesser quantity of product to be stored.
Although older people are particularly accustomed to shopping carts, this equipment has become more popular in recent years. Especially because the shopping trolley is a practical, durable and eco-friendly equipment.
As well as the shopping cart being a durable piece of equipment, it needs to be maintained sometimes. However, there is good news in this constraint: it is a rather simple thing to do. In the following chapters, we will explain how to clean the shopping trolley.
Prepare the cleaning of the shopping trolley
Firstly, you need to empty your shopping trolley completely. Check all the pockets and make sure that there are no tissues or receipts left as these will make your trolley even dirtier after washing. Then the canvas bag with the rolling structure of the trolley must be detached.
So we understand at this point that the shopping trolley splits into two parts. As the tote bag and the frame are made of 2 different materials, the cleaning processes are not the same. It will be a little slower, but better for long term maintenance.
Cleaning the trolley bag
Once this is done, we will proceed with the cleaning of the shopping trolley. There are several techniques for washing your trolley bag :
- There are several techniques for washing your shopping bag. Also I advise you to check the material of composition, although the trolley bags are mostly made of polyester.
- If the canvas of your shopping trolley is fragile then immerse it in cold water. And scrub with a sponge, it will take longer but it will be better maintained.
- The use of the washing machine is uninteresting and fast if the fabric of the shopping trolley is resistant.
Finally, you have to let your shopping bag dry out completely and then put it back on the structure. Be careful not to use the tumble dryer as it will damage your material.
Cleaning the shopping trolley structure
Once the bag of your shopping cart is cleaned, it is necessary to wash the structure on wheels. For this step, there are fewer precautions to take, you just need to clean your trolley with a sponge and soapy water.
Then simply wipe it off with a cloth to dry. Follow the same technique for the wheels. Also remember to grease the wheels if they squeak or need to be maintained.
Two more effective ways to clean your shopping trolley
We have explained a simple method for cleaning your shopping cart but there are two other ways to do this :
- Use degreaser with hot water to thoroughly clean your shopping bag and restore it to its original shine effectively.
- Using bleach will sterilise your shopping trolley and kill any bacteria that may have set in during your journey. A few drops in water is all that is needed to be effective.
Using bleach will sterilise your shopping trolley and kill any bacteria that may have set in during your journey. A few drops in water is all that is needed to be effective. But thanks to our method, the maintenance of your shopping cart will be effective. And so maintained, your trolley will last longer and in better condition.